Friday 28 December 2012

#1 thing to remember


Don't believe everything you think. This is something I'm currently working on, and its a hell of a lot harder than I would've thought.

Discipling yourself to recognize your thoughts objectively, without judgement, takes constant practice, I still suck at it. My reality has been shaped by what I 'think' my entire life but by viewing thoughts as an entity separate from you, is liberating.

Just because you think it, doesn't make it true.

If theres one thing I've realized is that I can't really control a certain thought from popping into my head, because I don't know if its a good/bad thought until its already fabricated in my mind. What I can control, however,  is the way I react to that thought. And that helps.

So if you're having trouble with negative/not so friendly thoughts, remember that you don't have to acknowledge them as valid.



No comments:

Post a Comment